As a licensed credit provider, it is a requirement to supply you with a Credit Guide as soon as it becomes apparent that we are likely to enter into a credit contract with you.This guide includes information about us, our responsible lending obligations and our dispute resolution process.
Our Responsible Lending Obligations
Under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act (NCCP) we are obliged to ensure we don’t enter into a contract with you, or increase your credit limit if the contract is unsuitable for you.A contract will be deemed unsuitable if, based on the information you supplied, if it is likely that:
- the contract will not meet your requirements or objectives
- you will be unable to meet the financial obligations under the contract
- you could only comply with the terms of the contract under severe hardship.
We are also obliged to conduct a ‘Credit Assessment’ prior to entering a contract with you or increasing the limit of an existing contract. This Assessment is to determine if the contract is unsuitable.You can request a copy of your credit assessment which we will supply to you at no charge:
We are not obliged to give you a copy if:
- before entering the credit contract or before the credit limit is increased, if you make the request before then
- if the request is made within the first 2 years of entering the contract we will supply it within 7 business days
- if the request is made after 2 years from entering the contract we will supply it to you within 21 business days
- the request is made over 7 years from entering the contract or increasing the credit limit
- or contract was not entered into for any reason
Credit Corp Financial Services has both Internal and External dispute resolution processes in place.If you have a concern or complaint, in the first instance, please contact our Internal Dispute Resolution function on:
Ph 1300 768 621
Fax 02 9347 3600
Mail Customer Care
GPO BOX 4475, Sydney, NSW 2001
If for some reason the concern or complaint is not resolved, you may then contact our External Dispute Resolution scheme. This is an independent service provided to resolve any concerns or complaints that we could not resolve together.
We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority External Dispute Resolution scheme.
Ph 1800 931 678
Fax (03) 9613 6399